Our phone’s wallpaper is a clear reflection of how we are as a person. Because they are so clearly visible, people tend to be more creative while choosing their limitations.
Even for the most brilliant minds out there, there’s only so much creativity that you can conjure out of still images. Sooner or later, you’ll feel burnt out and simply choose the next cool image that you come across as your wallpaper.
But what if I told you iPhone users can use a video as their wallpaper?
While that may be technically impossible, there’s a way through which you can put a short video as your iPhone wallpaper.
In this article, I’ll tell you how to set a video as the wallpaper on iPhone devices.
Do Video Wallpapers Look Good?
There’s a quote that elucidates, “A picture speaks a thousand words”. If that’s true, then a video can utter a thousand more; a video is just more expressive than an image.
It also allows more room for creativity when compared to a still image.
For example, you can create a live wallpaper on your iPhone of your best memories. Wouldn’t that be a sight, being reminded of your best moments every time you open your phone?
That’s right, with video wallpapers, this is a possibility. There are many more concepts that you can explore, it’s all down to your creativity.
But for now, let’s move on to the important part.
Are Video Wallpapers Real? Can I have them on my iPhone?
Technically, you can’t set a video as your iPhone wallpaper, no.
But what you can do instead is create an animated Live Photo, which is a film of moving images (like a video!) and keep it as your iPhone wallpaper. These Live Photos are easy to create, and you can do so with the help of multiple applications that are available for free on the App Store.
Note: Not all the versions of iPhones support moving wallpapers in the form of Live Photos. For instance, if you put a Live Photo as your wallpaper on either iPhone SE or iPhone XR, the video won’t move.
How to Put a Live Photo as Wallpaper on on iPhone?
Now that we know it’s possible, the idea of putting a video as our iPhone wallpaper is just too enticing!
As of now, you’ll have to use a third-party application like VideoToLive to convert your videos into Live Photos. Note that the videos need to be shorter than 30 seconds if you want them converted into a Live Photo.
The application is available for free on App Store, meaning that you’ll have to sit through some unwanted advertisements before you can get your work done. However, the quality of the Live Photos produced would be stellar.
Here’s how to set a video as the wallpaper on iPhone step by step –
- Open the App Store on your iPhone device.
- Search for VideoToLive on the App Store.
- The free app will allow you to convert your videos into Live Photos.
- Download and install the application, you don’t have to purchase anything.
- Launch the app and allow it to access your files and photos.
- In the app, browse through your phone to locate the video that you want to use as your iPhone wallpaper.
- After choosing the video, you can customize it by trimming. Select a cover photo for the same. Don’t worry about the video orientation as the app will take care of the dimensions automatically.
- Once satisfied, tap on the Convert button on the top right of the app. You might get a warning message saying that the app may crash. If it does crash, you can simply restart the app and repeat the process without any problem.
- After the conversion is complete, tap on Ok. After that, tap on Done to save the Live Photo on your phone.
- Now you need to set the downloaded Live Photo as your wallpaper. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find the Wallpaper option. Tap on it.
- Tap on Choose a New Wallpaper setting.
- Tap on Live Photos and locate your converted video.
- Tap on the Live Motion option that you’ll find next to the Cancel button. Tap on Set and choose from the following options – Lock Screen, Home Screen, or Both Screens depending upon your preferences.
And that’s about it! Now you can enjoy your favorite video as your iPhone wallpaper. The whole process is simple and doesn’t involve any complicated steps.
While it’s still not possible to set a video as your iPhone wallpaper directly, you can convert them into Live Photos to set moving frames as your wallpaper on iPhone. In this article, we’ve provided a detailed list of steps on how to set a video as the wallpaper on an iPhone. There are other ways to do this, but we’ve taken the simplest and the fastest route for the convenience of our readers.