Despite the ever-growing popularity of Apple’s AirPods, people still tend to miss the traditional wire headsets. Listening to one’s favorite music by sharing an earphone with your loved ones used to hit differently. With the new iOS 13 update, the AudioSharing feature allows you to connect two AirPods to a MacBook.
This feature allows you to share the audio of whatever is playing on your phone with your friends and family.
Read Also: Why is my Airpods Case not Charging
Connecting Two AirPods to a Single Mac Device
Can you connect two AirPods to one mac with iOS 13 or later version? Yes, you absolutely can!
The Audio Sharing features allow you to connect two different pairs of AirPods to the same iPhone or Mac device. Connecting two sets of AirPods to the same MacBook allows you to listen to your favorite music with your friend who can use their pair to enjoy the same experience.
Moreover, you can also sync your music while working out or performing other activities. The best thing about this is that the feature does so much more than just allow you to listen to music together with your friend. By using the Audio Sharing feature, you can even watch films, videos, or listen to podcasts together.
The feature is especially useful when you and your friends are engaged in activities that make it difficult to use Bluetooth speakers and other such technology.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to connect 2 AirPods to Mac, and also to your iPhone device.
How to Connect 2 Pairs of AirPods to a Mac or iPhone?
The process of connecting two sets of AirPods to a single Apple device is simple enough. You just have to connect an unrecognized set of AirPods to the preferred device.
The process will work as long as you ensure that your device is compatible with the Audio Sharing feature. The devices that use the iOS 13 or later versions of the software can work with the feature.
Steps to Connect Two Sets of AirPods to a MacBook
If you want to watch a film or a video together with your friend on a MacBook without being interrupted or disturbing others, then you can pair two different sets of AirPods to your computer.
Here’s how –
- First, you will need to pair both the AirPods to your preferred MacBook.
- Click on System Preferences and then select Sound -> Output.
- You will now have to set the output volume for both pairs of AirPods. Please note that you won’t be able to set the volume for individual pairs after you choose combined listening.
- Open Finder and click on Applications. Locate and open Audio MIDI Setup to proceed.
- You will see a plus (+) symbol on the bottom left side of the screen. Click on it and then choose the Create Multi-Output Device option.
- Pick the desired set of AirPods and other additional devices that are already paired to your MacBook. Here, you can use the Name Multi-Output Device feature to rename your devices and avoid any kind of confusion.
- Use the Sound System Preferences or the Volume menu to select the latest output device that you have just created.
And that’s that, you can now listen to your favorite music or watch videos together with your friends who own a pair of AirPods.
How to Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone Device?
Next, you can also use the Audio Sharing feature to connect two sets of AirPods to a single iPhone.
Here’s how –
- First, connect your pair of AirPods to your iPhone device.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone and bring the other pair of AirPods close to it.
- Open the case of your AirPods and wait for your iPhone touch to recognize that you are trying to connect a new set of AirPods.
- You will notice a popup informing you that the AirPods aren’t recognized as the ones that you use.
- Make sure that the AirPods are in pairing mode before you tap on Connect.
- Once done, check if the battery status of your friend’s AirPods is displayed on your screen. If yes, then the pairing is complete and you can tap on Done to start sharing audio with your friend.
How to Play Audio on Two Pairs of AirPods from a Single iPhone?
Pairing two sets of iPhones to a single iPhone device isn’t the final step of the process. Once done, you will now need to figure out how you can start sharing the audio playback with your friend.
Here’s what you need to do –
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone.
- Place your finger on the top-right corner of the screen and swipe down from there.
- When you see the Now Playing widget, tap and hold it. You will then see an expansion of that option.
- Locate the AirPlay option on the top right corner of your screen and tap on it.
- Tap the checkmark button next to both sets of connected AirPods to start sharing audio.
The new Audio Sharing feature is a welcome change for iPhone users globally. Finally, iPhone users can start listening to their favorite music or watching their preferred shows with their friends without disturbing others.
In this article, we’ve given a comprehensive guide on how to connect two pairs of AirPods to a MacBook, followed by a process through which you can do the same for an iPhone device.