Since its release two years ago, Disney+ has become one of the most popular OTT platforms on the internet, providing stiff competition to already established giants like Netflix and Prime.
Although the online streaming service offers a great variety of content, users still report Disney Plus audio issues regularly. The issue arises when you don’t hear any sound on your Disney Plus application, but you can hear sounds on other applications on your device like usual.
In most cases, changing the audio settings of your device can do the trick. However, it is difficult to pinpoint the exact solution as different people stream Disney Plus on different devices.
So, is your Disney Plus sound not working? If it isn’t, stick with us through the entirety of the article to find the most suitable solution for yourself. Different devices handle Disney Plus differently, and you’ll have to change the audio settings according to the device you are using.
Disney Plus Audio Issues on Different Devices and Solutions
1. Disney+ Sound Not Working: Firestick
Amazon’s Firestick has established a stellar presence in the market as one of the best and most used streaming devices. Often, users have reported that their Disney Plus sound is not working on their Firestick devices.
The first thing that you need to make sure of is whether Disney Plus is working on other devices. Try using the OTT platform on your smartphone device and see if it works. If it’s working on other devices and not your Firestick, then you can go ahead with our solutions.
If you are in the same situation, you can try simply restarting your Firestick device; that might be the simplest fix.
Here’s how to restart Firestick –
- Open the Settings on your Firestick.
- Locate and select the Device option.
- Find the Restart option and select it.
The device will take a few seconds to restart. Wait and launch Disney Plus again to see if it’s working now.
If it’s still not working, then you can try and clear your Firestick cache.
Here’s how to clear cache in Firestick –
- Press the Home button on your Firestick.
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Locate and select the Applications option.
- Under the menu, choose Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll through the list to find and select Disney Plus.
- Now select Clear Cache.
Once the process is complete, you can restart your device and test Disney Plus. If it’s still not working then you can try to turn off your Dolby Digital Plus.
Here’s how to turn off Dolby Digital Plus on Firestick –
- Open your device Settings.
- Locate and Select Display; Sounds.
- Under this menu, select Audio and then Dolby Digital Output.
- Now you can toggle this setting off.
If nothing works, then your last resort should be to reinstall the Disney Plus application. If even that doesn’t work, contact their support team.
2. Disney+ Audio Not Working: Roku
Next on our list is Roku, another popular device that users often use for streaming multiple OTT platforms. The interesting thing about Roku is that the channels in the device are not managed by Roku, but instead by the channel providers. So if you do not hear any sound on your Disney Plus, it’s an issue with Disney+ and not Roku.
The primary fix for this is to switch your audio settings to stereo. Here’s how –
- On your Roku home screen, find the Disney Plus application.
- On your Roku remote, press the star “*” button and then choose the Remove Channel option.
- Now open your Roku Settings ->System ->System Restart.
- Once your Roku device restarts, you can put Disney Plus right back.
This is the sole solution for this device. If you haven’t found the right solution, you’ll need to report the issue to Disney Plus’ support staff.
3. Disney+ Audio Issue: Sony TV
Sony TVs are powerful and serve as an excellent means for streaming exciting content. Disney Plus is still incompatible with Dolby and Sony TVs are established with Dolby settings. So to fix the sound issues on your Disney Plus, you need to switch the sound settings to LPCM or Stereo Audio.
Follow the below steps –
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Open your TV Settings.
- Under the menu, choose Preferences.
- Find and select Audio Description.
- From here, you can choose your preferred option.
4. Disney+ Sound Not Working: Projectors
There’s nothing better than projecting your favorite streaming content using a good projector. Unfortunately, projecting Disney Plus’s content is not as simple. The application has set up multiple security measures to avoid piracy, making it difficult for users to project most of the content as it interrupts the sound and display settings.
There’s a way around this though. Here’s what you can do –
- Open the Disney Plus app on your mobile device.
- Download the content that you want to project.
- Now you can connect the device to your projector and watch without interruptions.
5. Disney+ Sound Issue: Apple TV
When you purchase a device from Apple, you expect it to run perfectly. Unfortunately, some users have reported that their Disney Plus sound is not working on their Apple TVs. Fortunately, the solutions for this are pretty simple.
You can start by ensuring that your Disney Plus application is updated. To have your TV take of this automatically, you can simply turn on the Automatically Update Apps option from your Settings -> Apps menu.
If that doesn’t work, then you need to check if Disney Plus is working on other devices or if it’s a server issue. If it isn’t a server issue from their side, then you can check your TV’s audio settings to make sure that they aren’t set to Dolby. Changing the audio settings to Stereo will do the trick just fine.
6. Disney+ Video Sound Not Working: Android TV
If the same issue arises on your Android TV, then it could be a matter of what software your TV is using. To check this, do the following:
- Open your TV Settings.
- Under the menu, find and select About.
- Now, select the Contact Us option.
The menu will give you all the information you need about the current software and the software that you need to get applications working. If there are any updates available, make sure you download and install them.
If that doesn’t work, you will need to tinker with your audio settings. Try the following:
- Open your TV Settings.
- Scroll down and select Audio.
- Check if the Surround Sound setting is on Auto. If it is, then you need to change it to Always.
7. Disney+ Unable to Listen Audio: Chromecast
Users don’t usually use Chromecast to stream content as there are better alternatives available. But it’s still a pretty popular option. Encountering Disney+ sound issues on your Chromecast is a common issue.
There are two categories of Chromecasts. First, there are standalone Chromecasts, and the other ones are the Chromecasts that are built directly into the TV.
For the Chromecasts that are built directly into the TV, you will need to ensure that no updates are required. To do this effectively, download Google Home on your mobile phone. Then please connect your mobile phone and your TV to the same WiFi connection.
On the Google Home app, you will be able to detect your TV’s Chromecast without any issue. Here, you can ensure that you have the latest firmware, or if you’re using outdated technology. Now, check if your TV requires any updates. The same procedure can be followed for standalone Chromecasts as well.
If everything is updated and you’re still facing sound issues, then you need to unplug your Chromecast device. Wait for a minute or so and then plug it back in. Check if your Disney Plus sound is working fine now.
Disney Plus sound issues are common across multiple devices. A lot of these issues can be fixed by adjusting the sound options on your preferred streaming device. Different devices follow different procedures for doing this.
In this article, we’ve made a comprehensive guide on how to fix the Disney Plus sound issue on some of the most popularly used streaming devices.