Here you will learn how to mute and unmute or ignore and Unignore Someone on Facebook Messenger using Facebook App on mobile or on PC.
So, let’s dive right in…
Sometimes, people just catch you on a bad day when you are not up for any social interactions. Perhaps a persistent friend is spamming you on Facebook Messenger, or maybe it’s a nosey relative that you cannot seem to tolerate.
Either way, sometimes you just need a break from their messages. But let’s be honest, blocking someone is way too harsh a penalty for being annoying. Thankfully, Facebook has given a better alternative – the useful ignore button.
But the thing with the ignore button is that after you are over your bad phase and want to interact with your friends again, you cannot seem to figure out how. So in this article, we shall tell you how to unignore someone on Messenger.
What does the Ignore Button on Facebook Messenger do?
When you ignore someone on Facebook Messenger, all their messages will move to your message requests section. This section typically contains all the messages that you receive from people who are not on your friend’s list.
When you receive a message in your “message requests” section, you won’t receive any notification. Users need to exclusively check this section to see that message. This is a great method to avoid messages from spammers or people who annoy you.
Thankfully, you can just as easily unignore someone on Messenger as you can ignore them.
In this article, we’ll give you a comprehensive guide on how to unignore someone on the Messenger app.
How to Unignore Someone on Facebook Messenger?
If you want to unignore someone on Messenger, you need to go to your “message request” inbox and reply to them. Doing this will send that conversation to your inbox and Facebook will automatically unignore the conversation for you.
The downside of this method is that you would need to go through the excruciating conversation where you need to explain to your ignored buddies how you “missed” their old messages. But, hey, this is what you go through when you ghost someone!
How to UnIgnore Person on the Messenger Mobile App?
- Open the Messenger application and tap on your profile icon on the top left corner.
- Locate Message Requests and tap on it.
- Go to the Spam section.
- You will see a list of ignored or unwanted conversations. Tap on the ignored conversation.
- Now type out a message and send it to restore the conversation in your inbox.
How to UnIgnore Someone on Facebook (PC)?
- Open Facebook.com and log into your account. Select the Messenger icon on the top of your screen.
- Locate the Message Requests section and click on that.
- You will see the option See Filtered Messages. Click on that.
- Browse through the list to click on the conversation that you want to unignore.
- Now craft out a message and send it to them to move the conversation to your inbox.
Following these simple methods, Facebook will un-ignore the conversation automatically for you.
How to Ignore Someone on Facebook Messenger?
Feel like you made a mistake when you un-ignored them? Don’t worry, you can ignore them again just as quickly.
To ignore someone on Facebook, follow these steps –
- Open Facebook Messenger on your desktop.
- On the right-hand side, you would see a menu. Click on that.
- Scroll down and click on Privacy & Support.
- On the pull-down menu, you would see an icon that reads Ignore Messages. Click on that and then click on Ignore Messages again to confirm your decision.
This is how easy it is to ignore someone on Messenger.
How to Mute Someone on Messenger?
Muting is the simpler option if you want to ignore someone’s messages on Messenger. When you mute someone, their conversation will remain in your inbox. However, you won’t receive any notification for the same.
Here’s how you can mute someone on Facebook Messenger –
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Select the conversation that you want to mute.
- On the right side, click on the three dots.
- Now click on Mute Conversation.
- Facebook will then ask you to choose the time for which you want the person to remain muted – 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, or “until I turn it back on”. Choose your preferred option and voila, it’s done!
Similarly, you can unmute them again with the same amount of ease. All you need to do is go back to the conversation on Messenger, click on the three dots next to their profile, and select “Unmute Conversation”.
Facebook comes with a myriad of features that allows users to decrease their unwanted notifications. Among the latest features is the “ignore” button that users can choose to stop receiving message notifications from specific people and send their conversations to the “spam” section.
In the same way, Facebook also allows users to unignore anyone.
In this section, we discussed how people can unignore someone on Facebook Messenger on different devices. We also discussed an alternative for ignoring someone on Facebook and how to undo that option.