Do you want to uninstall Avast antivirus app on your device?
In this article we will discuss about different methods that you can use to remove Avast Antivirus on your computer.
It has a Self-Defense setting that stops malicious software from deleting it. Before you can remove the application, you must first deactivate this mode.
What is Avast Antivirus?
Avast is a free antivirus application that provides your computer protection from malicious attacks like viruses and malware.
According to some users, Avast also contains a slow-scanning process that can make your system run slow. Therefore, it is better to uninstall it and use some other antivirus.
Several antivirus programs are compatible with Windows 10. When Avast doesn’t meet your requirements, then you can uninstall it. Once after removing Avast, you can try other alternatives.
In this article, you will know how you can uninstall Avast from Windows 10 computer.
If you want no leftovers of Avast in your system, then follow the below-given steps.
How to Disable Self-Defense Mode?
To deactivate self-defense mode in Avast, navigate to a “hidden” section of the settings.
- Open the Avast user interface and select the Menu button at the top of the screen.
- Choose Settings from the resulting drop-down menu.
- This brings up a new window with settings. Select Troubleshooting from the sub-menu after selecting General from the left – hand menu pane.
- To disable Self-Defense mode, uncheck the option next to Enable Self-Defense.
- This brings up a pop-up box asking you to confirm your action. To confirm the modification, click OK.
Self-Defense mode is now off, and you may exit the Settings window.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10?
If you want to uninstall Avast from Windows 10, then follow any of the below seven different methods step by step.
#Method 1 – Avast Uninstall Utility
- At first, click the option “Load Avast uninstall utility” for downloading Avast uninstall utility set up file and then save it in some of your familiar locations. If you are using computers with old processors without SSE2 support, then you can download the file Avast uninstall utility (non-SSE2).
- Right click on the setup file you have downloaded and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If it comes for permission by the user account dialog, then click on yes.
- Avast Antivirus clear dialog gives prompts for restarting the windows in safe mode.
- When windows restart in a safe mode, choose the location of Avast program files. The default installation location is determined automatically, so you don’t have to make further adjustments unless you want to change the default installation.
- Now choose Avast Free Antivirus in the menu and click on uninstall.
Wait till Avast uninstall utility uninstall all Avast free antivirus files from your PC. Now restart your computer for rebooting your PC and accomplish the uninstallation process.
#Method 2 – Uninstall Avast Antivirus from Windows Start Menu
- Right-click on the start button on windows and then choose Apps and features from the menu that looks.
- Make sure all apps and features are in the left panel. Then click on Avast free antivirus and then choose to uninstall.
- If any prompts come for permission by the user account through yes.
- When the Avast set up appears, click on uninstall.
- Choose yes for confirming that you wish to uninstall free antivirus.
- Avast free antivirus is uninstalled from your PC.
#Method 3 – Remove Avast Antivirus from Control Panel
Follow the steps given below to uninstall Avast from the control pane –
- Open the control panel and go to programs.
- Select uninstall a program.
- Choose Avast and then click on uninstall option.
- Now restart your computer.
#Method 4 – Uninstall Avast from App Data
With the following steps, you can easily remove Avast from AppData –
- At first, type %app data% in the search bar of the window.
- Now click two times on the app data folder.
- Then find out the Avast antivirus folder.
- Now right-click on the folder and choose a date.
- Restart your PC.
#Method 5 – Uninstall Avast from Registry Editor
If you still can see Avast under registry editor, you have to delete it entirely with the following steps –
- Type Regedit in the windows search bar and press enter.
- Now go through this path computer/HKEY_current/software/Avast software.
- Now right click on the Avast software and delete.
- Next step forward and restart your pc for all changes to take place.
If you still can’t remove all Avast files from your computer, you can use a software uninstaller. Some of the top windows 10 software uninstallers are IObit uninstaller and CCleaner.
Method 6 – Uninstall Avast Using IObit
IOBit is the latest software uninstaller that supports 35 various languages and contains multiple tools and a browser extension manager.
Wondering how to uninstall Avast through IObit? Here are the steps to follow –
- At first, download and install the recent version of IObit uninstaller software from the official website of IObit. Now go to all programs.
- Here you will find the Avast free antivirus, select it and then click on uninstall.
- Then a pop-up window comes where you have to confirm your preferred action. Wait for some minutes before the uninstall process starts.
- Restart your computer for all changes to come into action.
#Method 7 – Use CCleaner to Uninstall Avast
It is the same as IObit. It can easily uninstall programs similar to add/remove programs of the control panel of windows.
Here are the steps you need to follow to completely remove Avast antivirus from your PC –
- Install CCleaner and choose the tools section. There is a list of some programs that you need to remove. Here you have to select the Avast antivirus.
- On the right side, you will get the uninstall option, where you have to click. Here you will view the Avast configuring screen, confirm the action. The Avast uninstallation process starts.
- The process takes few minutes to complete the process. Restart your computer as per the recommendation by Avast.
- Now select the registry part by rerunning the CCleaner utility. Now click on scan for issues and the fix-all selected issues options.
So, this was all about how to uninstall Avast Antivirus from Windows 10 without leaving any traces. After you are free from Avast, you will be able to install any other free or paid anti-virus software for your computer.