Are you planning to change or set a new relationship status for Facebook? If so, then you might want to consider pairing it up with a relevant relationship status quote.
Whether you’ve just gotten into a new relationship or have gotten out of an existing one, letting others remain up to date with your life is essential to avoid any awkward conversations. Setting your relationship status on Facebook is the perfect way to let your friends and family know about your dating scene without creating too much noise.
And what’s a relationship update without a catchy quote attached next to it? We all know how powerful words can be. They can make everything more authentic and romantic.
So in this article, we’ll be giving you a comprehensive list of some of the best romantic quotes that can accompany your Facebook relationship status update.
What are Facebook Relationship Statuses?
So how exactly do relationship statuses work on Facebook? The whole layout is pretty simple and convenient for the users. Facebook allows people to set their relationship status to let others know if they are single, married, or in a romantic relationship with someone else.
In addition, Facebook also has other options like married, widowed, or divorced. Once you update your relationship status, your Facebook contacts will be able to view it, react to it, and drop their comments should they feel like it. Overall, it is one of the most convenient ways of announcing your relationship updates to the world.
Importance of Facebook Relationship Status
Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world with billions of consumers. Naturally, it has become a great place where you can find and meet new people. As a result, many people use Facebook as an extension of their real-life to find romantic interests as well. With the arrival of Facebook Dating, the social media platform has gained more popularity as a match-maker.
Because of this, the need to regularly update one’s relationship status is crucial. It allows your loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and family to remain up to date with your life. At the same time, it allows other users to know whether or not you are available in the dating market.
Moreover, many people even declare their relationship status on Facebook as a show of commitment to their significant others.
Steps to Change or Set a Relationship Status on Facebook
Now that we know what relationship statuses are, and how they are important to one’s online social media presence, we can move on to the next important part. In this section, we’ll detail the steps on how to change relationship status on Facebook.
Let’s find out.
It is conveniently easy for the users to go to their Facebook profile and change their relationship or marital status. All they need to do is follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account to access the home screen.
- Click on your profile’s name on the top right or top left corner to open your profile.
- Locate the About option on your news feed and click on it.
- Now open the Family & Relationship settings.
- Locate and tap on the Add a Relationship Status option. If you already have a relationship status, tap on Edit.
- Select whatever relationship status is appropriate to your situation.
- Select the privacy settings that you want for the relationship status update.
- Click on Save to give your confirmation.
That’s how easy it is to let the world know about your relationship status.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps –
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Open your timeline.
- Locate and tap on Update Info.
- Locate and tap on Edit Info.
- Choose whatever relationship status best describes your current situation.
- Choose the privacy settings that you deem appropriate.
- Tap on Save to give your confirmation.
Top Relationship Status for Facebook
Now that you know everything you need to know about relationship statuses, you can next find the perfect romantic quote to accompany it.
Here are some of our options –
Relationship Goals Quotes for Facebook
1. You meet thousands of people and none of them touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.Love & Other Drugs
2. Affection is when you see someone’s strengths; love is when you accept someone’s flaws.One Day
3. My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and the courage to accept the love in return.Maya Angelou
4. Since the invention of the kiss, there have been only five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.The Princess Bride
5. We loved with a love that was more than love.Edgar Allan Poe
6. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.Dr. Seuss
7. You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago
8. Marion and I have not climbed Mount Everest or written a great American novel. But we’ve had the joy of raising two wonderful kids, and watching them and their friends grow up into loving adults. And now, we’re gonna have the pleasure of watching them pass that love onto their children. And I guess no man or woman could ask for anything more.Happy Days
9. You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
10. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.Lao-Tzu
Long Distance Relationships Status for Facebook
11. I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
12. That’s how you know you love someone, I guess, when you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too.Kaui Hart Hemmings, TheDescendents
13. We were together even when we were apart.Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
14. I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame.Atonement
15. The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you.Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
16. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.Mahatma Gandhi
17. It’s enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.Gabriel Garcia Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
18. The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.Charles Dickens, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
19. It feels good to think about you when I’m warm in bed. I feel as if you’re curled up there beside me, fast asleep. And I think how great it would be if it were true.Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
20. But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters
Funny & Charming Quotes for Facebook
21. Remember, we’re madly in love, so it’s alright to kiss me anytime you feel like it.The Hunger Games
22. It don’t take a word, not a single word. Go on and kiss the girl.The Little Mermaid
23. Good luck finding somebody to put up with your shit for more than, like, six months. Okay? But I accept the whole package, the crazy and the brilliant. Alright? I know you’re not gonna change and I don’t want you to. It’s called accepting you for being you.Before Midnight
24. … I know I’m old enough to be his mother, but when the Duck laid that kiss on me last night, I swear my thighs just went up in flames! He must practice on melons or something.Pretty in Pink
25. She is the only evidence of God I have seen with the exception of the mysterious force that removes one sock from the dryer every time I do my laundry.St. Elmo’s Fire
26. Yes, I’m drunk. And you’re beautiful. And tomorrow morning, I’ll be sober but you’ll still be beautiful.The Dreamers
27. If the whole damn world was to go to the dogs, as long as I had you by my side, y’know, or sittin’ by my side, or layin’ here, by my side, everything’ll be just okay. I’ve been blowing my horn for a lotta years, but lemme tell you somethin’: I ain’tnothin’ without you.All in the Family
28. Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it.Sex and the City
29. If you love something, and you set it free, and it doesn’t come back… you’re a dumbass!Beavis & Butt-Head
30. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.Albert Einstein
Cute Relationship Texts for Facebook
31. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.Mahatma Gandhi
32. Love is a game that two can play and both win.Eva Gabor
33. Your hand touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.Sanober Khan
34. A successful relationship requires falling in love multiple times, but always with the same person.Unknown
35. Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.Swedish Proverb
36. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.Marcel Proust
37. To love is easy, to be in a relationship is extremely difficult.Santosh Kalwar
38. You deserve someone who is terrified to lose you.R.H.Sin
39. Fall in love with someone who makes you glad to be different.Sue Zhao
40. Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.Emily Kimbrough
Best Relationship Status for FB
41. Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.Fawn Weaver
42. In the end there doesn’t have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to.Robert Breault
43. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.Ann Landers
44. Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.H. Jackson Brown, Jr
45. Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.Gloria Steinem
46. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind/And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.William Shakespeare
47. The person you’re meant to be with will never have to be chased, begged or given an ultimatum.Mandy Hale
48. We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.Cornel West
49. Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.Oscar Wilde
50. Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.Ginni Rometty
51. Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magicFrida Kahlo
52. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.Mignon McLaughlin
53. A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.Greta Scacchi
54. Be with someone who won’t stay mad at you, who can’t stand not talking to you, and who’s afraid of losing you.Drake
55. You deserve someone who is utterly obsessed with you.Ella December
56. No road is long with good company.Turkish Proverb
57. There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other.Dave Willis
58. Trust is the fruit on a relationship in which you know you are loved.William Paul Young
59. We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.Unknown
60. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.Honore de Balzac
61. Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.Kermit the Frog
62. True love stories never have endings.Richard Bach
63. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.Plato
64. Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.Karl Menninger
65. Don’t try to be something to everyone. Be everything to someone.Anonymous
66. Quit wanting them to be the way you want them to be. Just love them.Kamal Ravikant
67. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.George Sand
68. #1 relationship rule: over communicate.Carlos Del Valle
69. When you love someone, you want to take care of that person as you would take care of yourself.ThichNhatHanh
70. Find someone who makes reality better than dreams and do your best to deserve them.Shane Parrish
Romantic Relationship Quotes for Facebook Users
71. Love is a song that never ends.Bambi
72. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
73. Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.Rabindranath Tagore
74. I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.Lord of the Rings
75. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
76. I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
77. In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
78. It isn’t possible to love and to part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.E.M. Forster, A Room with a View
79. The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.Bob Marley
80. You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
81. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.Paulo Coelho
82. There’s no such thing as the perfect soulmate. If you meet someone and you think they’re perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction, cause your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your shit.Madonna
83. A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
84. Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we’re gone.Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love You
Sweet Couple Quotes for Facebook
85. The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.Jane Austen
86. I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.Unknown
87. Promise me you’ll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.A.A. Milne
88. One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.Unknown
89. Love is something eternal; the aspect might change, but not the essence.Vincent Van Gogh
90. When it’s time for souls to meet, there’s nothing on earth that can prevent them from meeting, no matter where each may be located. When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.Jaime Lichauco
91. Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. Love is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.Ann Landers
92. I got lost in him, and it was the kind of lost that’s exactly like being found.Claire LaZebnik
93. One day you will kiss a man you can’t breathe without and find that breath is of little consequence.Karen Marie Moning
94. Unconditional loves really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being. It’s not ‘I love you’ for this or that reason, not ‘I love you if you love me.’ It’s love for no reason, love without an object.Ram Dass
95. I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.Leo Christopher
96. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.Paulo Coehlo
97. In case you ever foolishly forget, I am never not thinking of you.Virginia Woolf
98. A view of the ocean, mountains and the sunset. But yet, he was still looking at meAlyAubry
99. There is my heart, and then there is you, and I’m not sure there is a difference.A.R. Asher
100. Better than I was, more than I am, and all of this happened by taking your hand.Tim McGraw
101. There are never enough I love you’s.Lenny Bruce
102. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.A.A. Milne
103. When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.Arrigo Boito
104. Regardless of what language it is said in, ‘I love you’ stays beautiful, and two hearts beating together make the same sound. It is the language of Love.Christina Engela
105. There are two kinds of sparks, the one that goes off with a hitch like a match, but it burns quickly. The other is the kind that needs time, but when the flame strikes… it’s eternal, don’t forget that.Timothy Oliveira
106. Love is too weak a word for what I feel. I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F’s, yes I have to invent, of course I do, don’t you think I do?Annie Hall
107. I love you right up to the moon—and back.Sam McBratney
108. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.Martin Luther
109. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
110. All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.Leo Tolstoy
111. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.When Harry Met Sally
112. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.Antoine de Saint-Exupery
113. Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.Erich Fromm
114. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.Yoko Ono
115. True love is your soul’s recognition of its counterpart in another.Wedding Crashers
116. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.Pablo Neruda
117. I love you begins by I, but it ends up by you.Charles de Leusse
118. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.Anna and the French Kiss
119. Love is people caring for people. That is love.Fred Rogers
120. There are lots of people who can call you by your name, but there is only one person who can make it sound so special.Kim Jarabelo
Relationship Status Quotes for the Singles on Facebooks
121. Proudly single and strong.
122. “I love you”; I love this truth but me to me every day.
123. “be true and don’t settle for less”; I live by this quote.
124. I’m single but not searching; I’m waiting.
125. I’m in the best relationship with myself; it is bliss.
126. While others have a relationship, I have peace.
127. I’m proudly single because I won’t settle less for what I deserve.
128. Loving yourself is the first step towards happiness.
129. I’m loyal, loving, and single.
130. I’m in a relationship; with freedom!
131. You ask me why I’m single, obviously; I was born this way.
132. Know this; being single is a choice, not a crime.
133. I’m single, and I don’t bite (LOL).
New Relationship Status for Facebook
134. It’s enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.Gabriel Garcia Márquez
135. Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers.NitiMajethia
136. The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.Charles Dickens
137. It doesn’t matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again.Unknown
138. To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with.Mark Twain
139. A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.Unknown
140. To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.DomenicoCieri Estrada
141. What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?George Eliot
142. Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.Oscar Wilde
143. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.Donald Miller
144. The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.Alexandra Penney
145. There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on.Leo Christopher
146. We are so different, yet so much the same.Gloria Steinem
147. We’re often afraid of being vulnerable, but vulnerability creates genuine connection.Gabby Bernstein
148. Successful relationships start by giving up control, giving up the need to be loved or wanted or right all the time.Mark Manson
149. Only when your love for someone exceeds your need for them do you have a shot at a genuine relationship together.Neil Strauss
150.You can’t have a relationship with someone hoping they’ll change. You have to be willing to commit to them as they are, with no expectations. And if they happen to choose to change at some point along the way, then that’s just a bonus.Neil Strauss
151. They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.Carl W. Buechner
152. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.Andre Breton
153. We can not control a relationship. We can only contribute to a relationship. All relationships, business or personal, are an opportunity to serve another human being.Simon Sinek
154. We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.Eleanor Roosevelt
155. Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.Anthony Robbins
156. Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone—and finding that that’s ok with them.Alain de Botton
157. Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.Leo F. Buscaglia
158. The greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in.Unknown
Inspirational Facebook Relationship Quotes
159. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard—they must be felt with the heart.Helen Keller
160. There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You’d think the dreamers would find the dreamers, and the realists would find the realists, but more often than not, the opposite is true. You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists? Well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground.Modern Family
161. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.Maya Angelou
162. But love doesn’t make sense! You can’t logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we’re lost, and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do.How I Met Your Mother
163. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.Plato
164. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
165. Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.Zelda Fitzgerald
166. The only time I don’t feel like a ghost is when you look at me, because when you look at me, you see me. You see me. This is me. This is me.Grey’s Anatomy
167. Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl, who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing that I’ve ever had to do, which was just to… wait… And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, even then, I knew that… I was waiting for my wife.The Office
168. Don’t ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn’t fall in love; I rose in it.Toni Morrison, Jazz
So that’s it – we’ve provided a versatile list for all kinds of relationship status updates. You can use any of these depending on your situation to accompany your relationship status update on Facebook.