Apple released its latest iteration of software by introducing the iOS 15. Like everything else produced by Apple, iOS is faultless to a great extent. However, since the update, many users are reporting a common software error.
After updating their phone to use the iOS 15 software, iPhone users are reportedly seeing white widgets or blank widgets on their home screen.
Widgets are convenient for users to access information from different apps quickly. Now because of some software glitch, iPhone users are getting completely blank, white widgets on their screens. If the users have their night mode enabled, then they might be seeing black widgets instead.
So if you are facing this issue, take solace in knowing that you aren’t alone – lots of users are facing the same problem. In this article, we’ll walk through some of the solutions that you can implement to fix this issue on your iPhone.
Fix White Widgets on iPhone after iOS 15 Update
If you are having white widgets on your iPhone screen ever since you updated to iOS 15, then you can make use of these solutions to eliminate the problem.
#Solution 1: Close All Apps and Restart iPhone
Widgets will essentially display the information that different applications convey. If the apps are facing some unknown error or glitch, their associated widgets will not work properly either.
To fix this, simply close all your applications and then reboot your iPhone device. Here’s how:
- Double-tap your iPhone’s Home button and then swipe your fingers up from the bottom of the screen. This will open the App Switcher.
- Close all the applications that are running in the background.
- Go back to the home screen by touching your screen in any of the blank portions.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Once the reboot is complete, see if the widgets are working properly.
#Solution 2: Remove the Dysfunctional Widgets
Another way to fix the issue is by removing all the widgets that aren’t working properly and then adding them again.
Here’s how –
- Press and hold the widget that you want to remove.
- Tap on Remove Widget.
- Now long-press your iPhone’s home screen. This will take you to the Jiggle Mode.
- Press the plus (+) icon on the top-left to add any widget that you want.
Alternatively, you can try reinstalling the applications with faulty widgets to see if that works for you.
#Solution 3: Change the Phone’s Language Settings
Surprisingly, a lot of users have reported that they fixed their issue by simply tweaking their iPhone’s language settings.
Here’s what you need to do –
- Open your iPhone’s settings.
- Go to General > Language & Region.
- Change the language from its default settings. For example, change English (US) to English (Canada) or whatever else you prefer.
- Tap on Confirm to give your final okay.
- Now that the widgets are re-indexed on your home screen, you can switch back to your original language.
#Solution 4: Stop Editing your Home Screen
As per many users, the issue arises because of home screen edits. So if you are a fan of customizing your home screen and editing it as you like, we recommend that you stop that.
It is best for your phone if you wait for Apple to fix this glitch by patching a software update.
#Solution 5: Restore Location & Privacy Settings
Resetting your location & privacy settings to their default values can help you solve the problem.
Here’s what you can do:
- Go to Settings.
- Open General settings.
- Locate and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Locate and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Location & Privacy.
- Give your confirmation if prompted.
- Now restart your iPhone device to see if the widgets are working properly now.
#Solution 6: Contact Apple Support
If you tried all our solutions, and still couldn’t find a viable answer, then you might be a victim to some major software glitches. Unfortunately, your only hope is to consult a professional by getting in touch with Apple’s support staff.
So, there we have it. In this article, we compiled a list of comprehensive solutions that iPhone users can try to fix their blank or white widgets error.
We hope that you were able to use our article to eliminate your problem.