Do you know that you can access McDonald’s Wi-Fi for free? Do you often visit McDonald’s and are unaware that you can use their Wi-Fi without any charges? If yes, then go through this article thoroughly to know how to use MCD free Wi-Fi to access the internet for free while you are in the McDonald’s store.
McDonald’s is an America-based chain of fast foods with restaurants worldwide. In 1940, Richard and Maurice McDonald’s started this food chain in San Bernardino, California. The most popular Golden Arches logo started in 1953 in Phoenix, Arizona. Then in 1955, Ray Kroc became the franchise agent for the company by purchasing the McDonald’s Brothers Franchise.
McDonald’s relocated its headquarters to Chicago in the year 2018. It is counted as one of the profit-making chains of the restaurant across the world. Daily customers in more than 100 countries and 37855 locations are served delicious foods like burgers, chicken, breakfast items, milkshakes, varied desserts, and chicken.
If you like visiting McDonald’s, you will be simply happy to know that McDonald’s provides free high speed Wi-Fi at maximum locations. With a download speed of 58MBPS and an uploading speed of 14MBPS, you can watch movies while enjoying the Big Mac. Isn’t it an excellent option for those who want to browse the web, and do a little work while having something from the Golden Arches?
McDonald’s has been offering free and unlimited fiber optic Wi-Fi in over 11500 outlets out of a total of 14000 outlets since 2010. You can easily find the Wi-Fi hotspots by entering your Zip Code, city, and state name with the help of McDonald’s restaurant locator. If you choose a filter, you can also check whether or not the branch has Wi-Fi services.
Site: AccessMCD: MCD Employee Login at Accessmcd.com
How to connect with McDonald’s free Wi-Fi portal?
Availing McDonald’s Wi-Fi service is very easy and rapid. Whether you are connecting through your laptop or mobile phone, all you need to do is look for the free Wi-Fi network of McDonald’s, open your browser and then you need to click on the Get Connected button.
- If you are in the store or close to it, then you can search for all Wi-Fi networks available.
- If you see McDonald’s free Wi-Fi, simply click on the “connect” option.
- Now you can open any browser on your device, and you can access McDonald’s free Wi-Fi login or sign-in page.
- Click the connect button once you accept all terms and conditions for accessing Wi-Fi for free.
- Do not forget to have some delicious meals from McDonald’s after you access the internet without any cost.
How to do MCD free Wi-Fi sign-in using Android devices?
If you want to connect your Android device to McDonald’s Wi-Fi, then here are a few steps you need to follow:
- On your Android phone, switch on the Wi-Fi option.
- Allow your device to find McDonald’s free Wi-Fi.
- If you can see the McDonald’s Wi-Fi icon, click on it and wait for a few minutes, and it’s connected.
- Now open the mobile web browser, and the page for connecting to free Wi-Fi appears instantly.
- Now tap on “Get Connected” and accept all terms and conditions for connecting your android device to McDonald’s free Wi-Fi.
How to access McDonald’s free Wi-Fi using your laptop?
With McDonald’s free Wi-Fi, you can connect to its high-speed internet from your laptop.
Follow the steps given below.
- On the right-hand side of your Windows taskbar, you will get the Wayport access network under the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now for connecting to the internet, click on the connect button.
- McDonald’s terms and conditions are seen immediately when the internet connection is established. Accept all terms and conditions and click on the “Get Connected” option.
- Once you are connected, a notification that states “you are connected to McDonald’s Wi-Fi “appears in the top portion of the page.
- Now in your browser, open a new tab and visit any website you like.
How to connect to McDonald’s Wi-Fi on your IOS device?
- In your iPhone, open settings.
- Now turn on the Wi-Fi and look for McDonald’s free Wi-Fi or McDonald’s Wi-Fi Way port Access among all available networks.
- When your device gets connected to MCD free Wi-Fi, the connection status changes, and an unsecured network appears.
- When an unsecured network appears, you need to open a new Google Page, which will display the terms and conditions.
- Accept all terms and conditions and click on “connect now.”
- Now you can enjoy McDonald’s high-speed Wi-Fi on your iPhone.
Is your McDonald’s Wi-Fi not getting connected? How do we reconnect?
Sometimes because of some technical issues, you might not be able to connect to McDonald’s Wi-Fi. But there are solutions for it, and you can quickly solve the technical issues by using it.
Here are a few solutions that you can try to solve the issues
Try any of the steps if you are having issues and you might get a solution
- Accept all terms and conditions on signing the process
- Choose yes when you get any error message asking to authorize a connection.
- Make use of third-party software for establishing Wi-Fi connections.
- You can restart your device before you reconnect
- You can also turn the Wi-Fi off in your settings, then switch it back on.
- You can reconnect your device to McDonald’s free Wi-Fi by trying any of the above solutions.
How can I use faster MCD Wi-Fi?
Even though there are no basic steps for getting more speed in McDonald’s Wi-Fi, here are a few tips and tricks to get the maximum speed.
- Look for a suitable location where you will get all the bars available on the internet.
- Try alternating channels
- Go to your device settings and disable all applications using the internet in the background. They will consume more data and decrease the internet speed required for your current work.
- Ensure you are using a solid Wi-Fi antenna to experience good internet speed.
In your device’s Wi-Fi settings, if “connect to the network automatically” is turned on, you are redirected to terms and conditions, and you have to accept the terms and conditions for proceeding to the next page. And if it is not configured as “connect to the network automatically,” then you have to navigate the settings manually on your Wi-Fi and choose McDonald Network from the varied list available.
How to find the nearest McDonald’s restaurant that offers free Wi-Fi?
If you are on your way and looking for the closest restaurant, then you can make use of the McDonald’s locator page. You can filter your search by city, state, and Zip code and go to the nearest location. You can see the list of features that every location provides. Ensure the one you are heading to offers free Wi-Fi. While most of them offer, it is possible that some owners do not provide in some restaurants. You can click on the drop-down arrow present next to services and then find the Wi-Fi icon.
Is McDonald’s free Wi-Fi fast?
Yes, very fast, and it also depends on the location. You can test by using the Fast.com tool for checking speed. It has been seen in maximum cases it reaches 58 megabits per second.
Is it safe to access McDonald’s free Wi-Fi?
Like other public networks, McDonald’s free Wi-Fi is not secured. You need to take proper measures to protect yourself online, such as using a VPN and not using pages that need you to enter sensitive data. One of the other security measures you can take is visiting only sites with HTTPS encryption prohibiting snooping. Do not forget to have efficient antimalware software on your device.
Are there any restrictions?
Yes, there are a few restrictions while using McDonald’s Wi-Fi. Because McDonald’s is a family-friendly restaurant, therefore you are not allowed to access some of the content while browsing on their free Wi-Fi network. They are
- File downloading sites
- BitTorrent or media privacy services
- Malicious sites
So, with all these steps, get access to McDonald’s free Wi-Fi and get your work done while grabbing something delicious.