Are you looking for a laptop under 800 dollars for gaming or running a software with intensive graphics? No worries, here we have compiled a list of best laptops under $800 after reviewing multiple options with our team of experts.
So, let’s get started…
The era of digitalization has brought about a paradigm shift in the technology industry. The production and purchase of laptops have gone up tenfold in recent years.
Nowadays, people require a laptop for everything – for their classes, jobs, gaming, and even for personal use. It has gotten to an extent where people find it difficult to survive without a laptop.
This indicates that the market is flooded with a large number of laptops serving diverse needs. On one hand, you have laptops meant specifically for gamers. On the other hand, you can purchase a minimalistic laptop for minimum prices to carry out simple day-to-day activities as well. With so many laptops available, people have a hard time picking the perfect one for themselves.
It becomes hard to determine what the correct price is for a good laptop. In our opinion, you can find a stellar laptop for any use in the price range of $800. For that purpose, we’re going to be giving you a list of the best laptops under $800 that are available in the market.
If you are looking for high configuration laptops with $1500 budget then you should check this post.
Let’s have a quick look –
HP 15-inch Laptop, 11th GenerationAmazon’s Choice
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming LaptopGood Choice
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-53E5 Gaming LaptopGood Choice
HP Pavilion 17.3-inch IPS FHD LaptopAmazon’s Choice
HP Pavilion Gaming 15.6-Inch Micro-EDGE LaptopGood Choice
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-068 Gaming LaptopAmazon’s Choice
2021 Dell Inspiron 15 3593 HD Touchscreen LaptopGood Choice
ASUS VivoBook F512 Thin and Lightweight LaptopGood Choice
Lenovo Flex 2-in-1 LaptopGood Choice
List of Best Laptops Under $800 (Expertly Reviewed)
Many people think that they need to dish out at least $1200 to buy a decent laptop that can run anything. But that’s not the case. If you know where to look, you can even find the best gaming laptops under $800. To help you on your search, we’ll nudge you towards our top picks for the best laptops under 800 dollars.
HP 15-inch Laptop, 11th Generation
- Highly portable and easy to carry around with a 6.5mm micro-edge bezel display and 82% screen-to-body ratio.
- Provides an incredible entertainment and graphics experience with a 15.6-inch FHD display and Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Equipped with a decent battery life of 7.5 hours along with a fast-charge feature.
It’s only fair that we start our big list with one of the top names in the world of laptops. HP has been renowned for producing top-notch laptops for years. Their 15-inch laptop is one of the best alternatives available in the market for that price range.
This particular laptop can support a wide range of applications – from gaming, editing, to multitasking with simultaneous tabs operating at once.
- Equipped with the powerful 11th generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor.
- Comes with a high-bandwidth 8GB RAM and 256GB PCleNVMe storage.
- Users can opt for either the Windows 10 or Windows 11 Operating Systems.
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming Laptop
- Delivers fast and efficient performance with the AMD Ryzen 500H-Series mobile processor.
- One of the most affordable, high-end gaming laptops.
- Comes with a 720p HD webcam along with a microphone array equipped with a privacy shutter.
The next time someone claims that you need to spend at least $1000 to get a gaming laptop, tell them about Lenovo’s powerful masterpiece. The IdeaPad Gaming 3 laptop is one of the most popular products available in the tech industry. It offers various high-end specifications at affordable rates, making it one of a kind.
Besides, Lenovo is as reliable a brand as any other top laptop company, making this deal a complete steal.
- Revolutionary and speedy processor – the AMD Ryzen 5000 H-series with 6 cores.
- Top-notch memory with 8GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM.
- Sufficient storage offering 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage.
- Stellar clarity on the 15.6-inch FHD IPS displays empowered by the famous NVIDIA GeForce G5X 1650 GPIU.
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-53E5 Gaming Laptop
- Faultless gaming experience with the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H processor.
- Stellar graphics backed with the newest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 backed with the latest Ray Tracing Cores and Tensor Cores.
- A detailed and immersive experience with a clear 15.6-inch LED-backlit, FHD IPS display.
Another gaming laptop below the price range of $800 has made it to our list. This time, it is Acer coming to the rescue of low-budget gamers.
We all know that Acer is popular for producing laptops with high-end specifications and selling them at cheaper prices. The Nitro 5 is no exception and is equipped with some of the most powerful features to make it a great gaming laptop. It is a dream come true for gamers who didn’t want to dish out a large sum to enjoy an immersive gaming experience.
Acer laptops, however, do not guarantee the same kind of longevity as the other top brands like HP, Lenovo, or Dell. But if you use your laptop with care and precision, you won’t face any lasting harm.
- Comes with the power NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 which has 4GB dedication GDDR6 VRAM.
- Good memory of 8GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM. Enough to run any high-end game or application.
- Decent internal storage with 256GB NVMe SSD.
- Stellar online gaming experience with the Killer Ethernet E2600 and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201.
HP Pavilion 17.3-inch IPS FHD Laptop
- Powerful, high-bandwidth 16GB RAM for smooth functioning of multiple applications.
- Comes with a stunning 17.3-inch diagonal FHD IPS display with anti-glare tech and 100% sRGB.
- Equipped with all the latest features including the Windows 11 Home, 64-bit Operating System.
The HP Pavilion series is one of the most popular in the vast market of laptops. The series consists of a diverse range of laptops designed to meet the different requirements of each buyer. The Pavilion 17.3-inch model is one of the latest additions to HP’s mounting list of incredible laptops. It features some of the latest and the most powerful specifications and is available for a whopping deal of under $800.
With such a laptop available in the market, users would find it hard to find another model that competes within this price range.
- Equipped with a powerful 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor.
- The powerful 16GB RAM is enough to run any high-demanding game or application.
- The laptop comes with an upgraded 1 TB PCIeNVMe M.2 SSD.
HP Pavilion Gaming 15.6-Inch Micro-EDGE Laptop
- Powerful GPU is available for multitasking and running top games including PUBG, Fortnight, and so on.
- One of the most powerful 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300h processors offering up to 4.1GHz speed.
- Stellar security and bios recovery features.
We simply cannot get enough of HP’s wonderful Pavilion series. Adding on to our top 10, we have another model from the same series – the Pavilion 15-6 inch gaming micro-edge laptop. Like its counterparts, it offers a host of powerful features and specifications while continuing to be affordable.
- Stellar memory with 8GB DDR4-200 SDRAM.
- Sufficient storage with an upgraded internal 256GB PCIeNVMe M.2 SSD.
- Wonderful display backed with a 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS screen with anti-glare and WLED-backlit features.
- The GPU is durable and powerful – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.
2020 HP 15 HD Touchscreen Premium Laptop
- Powerful and fast processing with the latest 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035g1 Processor.
- Equipped with a fast SSD Boot Up in seconds to transfer files quickly.
- Can support multitasking and heavy gaming with 16GB DDR4 RAM.
It almost feels as if our list is dominated by HP. But we cannot complain – as the real laptop industry is dominated by HP’s top-notch models as well. The truth is that HP keeps producing efficient and powerful laptops at affordable rates.
The 2020 HP 15 touchscreen model, for instance, can still compete with some of the latest laptops in the market, two years after its initial inception. It offers a fast experience, a professional and sleek appearance, and offers good value for money with high specifications and powerful features.
- The Intel Core i5-1035g1 Processor offers a 1.0GHz base frequency of up to 3.6GHz on demand.
- Stunning display with a 15.6-inch diagonal HD WLEDT-backlit touchscreen.
- Comes with powerful 16GB DDR4 RAM and a sufficient 512GB SSD.
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-068 Gaming Laptop
- Comes with a stellar display of 15.6-inch FHD IPS, Thin Bezel screen with 16:9 ratio.
- Can support heavy gaming with its powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 [Max-Q] 4G GDDR5 GPU.
- Powerful and speedy processor – the Intel Core i5-9300h.
Now we can move past the popular and discover some obscure laptops. Not many people might have heard about the stellar gaming laptop – the MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-068 model. But the fact is that it contains some very powerful specifications that can give the top laptops a run for their money.
For people who are tired of the mundane and want to try a different, unique design and experience, this laptop is perfect for them.
- Comes with a powerful processor (Intel Core i5-9300h) that offers a processing speed of 2.4GHz and up to 4.1GHz.
- Equipped with a powerful memory of 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM. The maximum allowed memory is 64GB.
- Has a sufficient storage capability of 256GB NVMe SSD.
2021 Dell Inspiron 15 3593 HD Touchscreen Laptop
- A stunning HD touchscreen display with a 15.6-inch energy-efficient LED screen.
- Powerful 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor with quad-core, eight-way processing capabilities.
- Ergonomic keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad.
Our top 10 list would be gravely incomplete if we didn’t include Dell. It is one of the most popular and reliable brands when it comes to producing top-quality laptops. The Dell Inspiron series is particularly impressive, offering a host of impressive features. In terms of affordability, you cannot get any better than the 2021 model of the Inspiron series – the Dell Inspiron 15 3593 laptops.
It offers high value for money, offering a series of impressive features at affordable rates. At the same time, it is powerful enough to serve multiple applications – from professional uses to fulfilling gaming requirements.
- Equipped with a powerful 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor.
- Comes with a powerful memory of 12GB RAM along with 512GB PCIe SSD storage.
- Backs its performance with the impressive Intel Iris plus Graphics unit.
ASUS VivoBook F512 Thin and Lightweight Laptop
- Expert typing and keyboard experience with the exclusive ErgoLift design for enhanced and convenient typing position and smoothness.
- Fast and efficient processing capabilities backed with the powerful AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 3500U processor.
- Uses the popular AMD Radeon Vega 8 GPU.
ASUS is another one of those brands that you would expect to see in a list devoted entirely towards powerful and affordable laptops. The VivoBook is a modern adaptation of traditional laptops with a sleek and sophisticated appearance. It is also extremely thin and lightweight, making it easy to carry around. As a result, the VivoBook has become a staple choice for students and professional businessmen.
The laptop comes with a host of premium features and its performance is backed with several high-end specifications that a laptop enthusiast could die for. All in all, this one is a pretty versatile and decent laptop for users with flexible needs.
- Stunning, 15.6-inch FHD four-way NanoEdge bezel display. It comes with a sublime 88% screen-to-body ratio.
- Powerful 8GB DDR4 RAM.
- Sufficient storage of 256GB PCIeNVMe M.2 SSD storage.
- The processor is stellar – AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U processor which operates up to 3.6GHz frequency.
Key Things to Keep in Mind While Buying a Laptop Under $800
We have given you a list of the best laptops under $800 that are dominating the market in 2022. Our list is diverse to meet the requirements of different users. But if you are still having difficulty trying to choose the perfect laptop for yourself, we can help you further.
Our comprehensive buyer’s guide would help you make a better investment decision. So here are all the things that you need to keep in mind before purchasing a laptop under $800:
1. Processor & GPU
Many people might say that $800 is too cheap for a laptop. They just don’t know better. The flexibility of the market allows users to choose some of the most high-end laptops for that price range. As such, customers need not lower their processing and GPU demands just because they’re not spending thousands of dollars.
So if you’re spending $800, you should go for a laptop that is equipped with at least an 8th Generation Intel Core i5 or the Ryzen equivalent of that. Anything below that is a bad investment decision on your end. Combined with the processor, a decent NVIDIA or Intel graphics processing unit can work wonders for the users. It’ll be good for users with gaming, designing, video editing, or 3D modeling needs to have a decent GPU. Otherwise, even an integrated GPU would work just fine.
How much storage you need is entirely up to you. What we will say is that modern laptops are almost always equipped with SSD instead of HDD. And that is what you should be looking to get.
Having SSD storages have various benefits – from boosting the laptop’s boot-up speed to many other things. While 256GB SSD storage is sufficient, anything below 128GB is not viable for a laptop in the price range of $800.
For $800, users should at least be shooting for 8GB RAM in their laptops. That is what minimum preference should be. A memory with 8GB RAM will be able to carry out most of the tasks and run many high-end applications.
However, if your requirements are much more intensive, you might want to try laptops with 16GB RAM. Heavy tasks such as gaming and video editing require at least 16GB of RAM.
You shouldn’t have a lot of difficulties finding a stellar display within this price range. There are many laptops available under $800 offering fantastic display settings. The minimum expectation of a customer should be FHD. They should either go up from there or not purchase a laptop at all!
An FHD would entail a resolution of at least 1920×1080. In this price range, users should also be able to preferably get an IPS (In-Plane Switching) display. In our list, all the laptops have the best displays so you won’t have to worry too much about this department.
5. Battery Life
Some people might argue that battery life isn’t an important aspect as they can simply keep their laptops plugged in at all times. However, that is not the case for many users, including students and professional workers who need to move around with their laptops a lot. Even otherwise, having an exceptional battery backup should always be a priority.
In our recommendation, having a minimum battery life of 7 hours should be good enough for most users. You might even go down to 6 hours if you don’t have to travel around with your laptops a lot.
FAQs on Laptops Under $800
Contrary to the popular belief, you can not only get a decent laptop in that price range but can even get a top model if you are looking in the right places. $800 should be enough to get you laptops with a stellar display, decent RAM and storage, good GPU, and ideal battery life.
Acer is particularly renowned for selling laptops with high specs at cheap prices. However, Acer doesn’t offer the same kind of longevity as some of the other established brands like Dell and Lenovo. HP is another brand that offers a diverse range of laptops – from the expensive ones to highly affordable ones.
You can find the best gaming laptops under $800 with a stellar GPU as well as 16GB RAM.
It is easy to make a grave error while purchasing a laptop. Customers often tend to spend more than what they need to or get a laptop that doesn’t fulfill their requirements. To put an end to such unfortunate incidents, we’ve compiled a list of the best laptops under $800.
We hope that you went through our list carefully and were able to choose the best product for yourself.