When people speak of gaming laptops, they usually don’t quote a price under $2000. As a result, laptop and gaming enthusiasts all over the world are convinced that they need to dish out an obscene amount of money to get a decent gaming laptop. But did you know that you can find the best gaming laptop under $600 as well? Believe it or not, you can get a lot for that price range if you just know where to look.
A gaming laptop is different from a normal, conventional laptop that you might use for daily activities. It requires strong specifications to support heavy applications and ensure a smooth gaming experience. When the quality and power of a laptop’s specifications go up, people expect the prices of the gaming would touch the skies as well. And while that may be true for a lot of high-end gaming laptops, you can still get the best gaming laptop under 600 for yourself.
To help you with that, we’ve compiled a list of 7 of the top gaming laptops under 600 dollars that are available in the market. We’ve measured the different aspects of a laptop that would deliver a wholesome and immersive gaming experience to curate our comprehensive list.
Let’s have a quick look –
TECLAST F15 Pro Gaming LaptopGood Choice
DAYSKY LaptopsGood Choice
ASUS 15.6 Inch LaptopGood Choice
HP 15 LaptopAmazon’s Choice
Acer A315-56-594Amazon’s Choice
HP 15-dy1043dxGood Choice
Toshiba Satellite LaptopGood Choice
Best Gaming Laptops Under $600: Recommended by Top Gamers
Before today, you might not even have fathomed that you could purchase a powerful gaming laptop for under $600. Spending more than thousands of dollars on gaming laptops is so normalized that the notion of getting the best gaming laptops under $600 just sounds unbelievable now.
Well, you better believe it because we’ve got just the right products for you.
TECLAST 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop
- Provides a smooth and immersive gaming experience backed with powerful specifications.
- The built-in keyboard offers smooth operations and allows the user’s hands to glide over the keys.
- Equipped with heat pips and cooling fans to avoid overheating while running heavy games for long hours.
When you look at the powerful specifications of the new TECLAST 15.6-inch gaming laptop, it becomes hard to believe that it is available within the price range of $600. But as we said, you better start believing now. While it may be cheap, the TECLAST gaming laptop is by no means lacking in performance – it offers a host of powerful specifications and high-end features that are enough to support and run heavy applications smoothly.
The laptop is also backed with an efficient cooling system which is essential for an uninterrupted gaming experience. All in all, the laptop is completely equipped to provide the users with an unbelievable gaming experience at a bargain price.
- Equipped with the powerful 10th Gen Intel i3 processor with 15W power and 3.4GHz frequency.
- The screen is perfect for an attractive gaming experience – the big but ultra-thin 15.6-inch FHD 1920×1080 IPS display is one of the best in the market.
- The laptop boasts of an impressive built-in 12GB LDDR4 RAM along with 256GB fast SSD. It also comes with an extra Micro SD slot to give the users a chance to expand their storage.
- Equipped with a fingerprint reading system to allow users to unlock their laptops immediately.
- Strong specifications, including a 12GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, that can compete with the top gaming laptops in the market.
- Comes with an ergonomic backlit numeric keyboard equipped with fingerprint sensors to offer a smooth typing, navigating, and gaming experience.
The DAYSKY gaming laptop is another impressive alternative within the same price range. There is little to separate this model and the previous one that we mentioned in our list, save for their particular brands. There is a vast difference in design, however, with the DAYSKY laptop offering a more conventional gaming laptop appearance than its counterpart. The backlit keyboard and the sleek, sophisticated design give it a fairly modern look. Apart from the appearance, it can work as a pretty good all-around gaming laptop with strong specifications and good battery life.
Check out other laptops with fingerprint reader feature.
- Equipped with a 12GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM along with a 256GB/512GB SSD storage.
- Uses the Intel Celeron N5095 10nm processor, decent for gaming purposes.
- Decent 5000mAh battery ensuring that users have enough backup to run various applications when the laptop is not plugged in.
ASUS 15.6 Inch Laptop
- The display offers an immersive experience with its NanoEdge bezel technology.
- Comes with a highly renowned and powerful processor – the new AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor.
- Enough RAM (16GB DDR4) to run most of the heavy applications and games available in the market.
For laptop enthusiasts, ASUS must be a familiar name. It is one of the most popular brands when it comes to producing top-notch laptops at reasonable prices. ASUS is pretty adept at making expensive, ultra-tech laptops as well.
But for this article, we’ll fish out a fairly underrated laptop from ASUS’s glorified ranks – the VivoBook 15. Thin, sleek, and lightweight, many people might not consider the VivoBook 15 as the traditional gaming laptop – but its specifications are enough to rival the top laptops available in the market. With a host of high-end features and powerful specs, the VivoBook offers the best value for money.
- Powerful AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor with 2.6GHz base frequency up to 3.5 GHz along with the AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics.
- Comes with a highly-efficient 16GB DDR4 RAM to ensure the best gaming experience.
- Provides an SSD storage of 256GB, sufficient storage for keeping important files and huge games.
HP 15 Laptop
- Offers gliding portability with its lightweight design, 6.5mm thin micro-edge bezel display, and 82% screen-to-body ratio.
- Experience up to 15x faster performance with its 256GB PCIeNVMe M.2 SSD storage.
- Sufficient battery life of 7 hours and 15 minutes to provide a decent backup for gamers, along with a fast-charging feature.
HP is another one of those top laptop brands that you might be familiar with. It produces a diverse range of laptops – from affordable models with decent specifications to some of the most expensive gaming laptops available in the market.
In many ways, HP is the go-to brand for many laptop enthusiasts. Like all their other productions, their 15-inch gaming laptop offers a sublime experience as well. It might not be as powerful as some of the other alternatives that we have mentioned in our list, but it’s available for a cheaper price and offers a good value for money.
The 15-inch gaming laptop is equipped with decent specifications that might be enough to fulfill the requirements of an average gamer.
- Comes with a decent 8GB RAM along with 256GB PCIeNVMe M.2 SSD storage.
- Enjoy an immersive gaming experience with ultra-wide viewing angles – brought to you by the stellar 15.6-inch, FHD, IPS, micro-edge display.
- Equipped with the powerful 11th Gen Intel Core i5 processor along with the Intel Iris Xe graphics to provide enhanced experiences.
- Offers the perfect balance between power and portability with its lightweight designs and powerful specifications like the 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor.
- Great battery life that can last up to 8 hours, providing a decent backup for the gamers.
- Offers a great multiplayer gaming experience with its performance, connectivity, and entertainment features.
When it comes to finding the best gaming laptops under $600, you would think that Acer would make the list. And that is exactly what’s happened here. Acer is one of the most popular brands when it comes to enjoying high value for money. Their laptops offer decent specifications while being available for fairly affordable prices.
The Acer Aspire 3 is no different, being one of the most popular and affordable additions to their renowned Aspire series. It offers a decent gaming experience and could be the perfect choice for gamers on a budget.
- Equipped with the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 quad-core processor with a base frequency of 1.0GHz and up to 3.6GHz.
- The 8GB DDR4 memory is enough to sustain heavy operations.
- Equipped with sufficient storage of 256GB NVMe SSD for multitasking and quick boot-ups.
- Equipped with a powerful 12GB system memory for heavy gaming experiences and multitasking.
- Powerful specifications to support a wholesome use of different applications.
- Powerful processor – 10th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5 1035G1 for smooth operations.
It is only natural that HP makes it to our list for more than one time – they just have so many high-end laptops available for affordable prices that it becomes hard to single out any one of their products.
The 2020 HP 15.6-inch touchscreen laptop is as good as any of the other models mentioned in our list. On the contrary, it boasts of some impressive features and stronger specifications that make it a better option for enthusiastic gamers. It is one of the most wholesome laptops available in the market – fit for professional uses, for gaming purposes, or even to guide a student to successful graduation.
- Equipped with a stellar, 15.6-inch micro-edge touchscreen display to provide an immersive gaming experience.
- The powerful 10th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5 processor (offering up to 3.6GHz frequency) is good enough for gamers.
- The 12GB DDR4 RAM along with 256GB PCIe SSD storage are sufficient to fulfill any gamer’s deepest desires.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
- Offers a versatile range of applications with its high-end specifications and sleek, lightweight designs.
- Comes with an impressive 15.6-inch TruBrite LED Backlit HD display.
- A host of strong features including the Core i7 processor and 12GB RAM for decent gaming experiences.
This one is for the adventurous gamers who might want to try something different. Not many people would think of Toshiba when it comes to finding the best gaming laptop under 600 dollars. But the 2015 Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 model boasts an impressive range of specifications that are fit to give a great gaming experience to the users.
- Equipped with a decent memory for gaming purposes – 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM.
- Comes with a Hard Drive (5400 RPM, Serial ATA) of 1TB.
- The 4th Gen 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U dual-core processor is decent for fulfilling gaming needs.
Purchasing a Gaming Laptop Under $600 – A Buyer’s Guide
To make things easier for you, we compiled a list of the best gaming laptops under $600 that are available in the market. However, if you are still having trouble finding the perfect alternative for yourself, then you might want to check out our fool-proof buyer’s guide.
In this guide, we’ll go through some of the things that you, as a customer, should keep in mind before purchasing your dream gaming laptop under $600 so that you can make the best investment decision.
So without further ado, let’s dive straight into it!
Gone are the days when you could only purchase decent gaming laptops for more than a thousand dollars. Nowadays, with so many brands at our service, the price range of $600 is more than enough to offer some decent features and specifications.
Here’s what you should expect in your laptop if you have purchased it for less than $600:
1. Graphics and Processing Specifications
For a gaming laptop to operate smoothly, one should pay a good deal of emphasis on its graphics and processing capabilities. For $600, you can get at least a decent processor and GPU to fulfill your gaming desires.
For $600, the least that you should expect is a 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor or the Ryzen equivalent of that option. You can go for lesser options but this price range, and considering that you are looking for a gaming laptop, doing that might not be feasible for you.
2. Storage & RAM
Another couple of crucial aspects for a gaming laptop would be its storage & RAM capabilities. For a gaming laptop, storage is always a subjective choice – it depends on how much space you need for your digital files. But we’ll recommend that gamers should incline more towards a laptop offering SSD storage instead of the traditional Hard Disk Drives.
Not only would an SSD storage offer sufficient space for large files, but it would also enhance the performance and the speed of the laptop. For $600, users should face no difficulty in finding a minimum of 256GB SSD storage.
RAM is much trickier – to run heavy applications and high-end games, your laptop should be equipped with a powerful memory.
For $600, the minimum that you should shoot for is 8GB RAM in your laptop. Anything less than that would not be enough to give you a suitable gaming experience.
However, we must mention that you can get laptops with 12GB or 16GB RAM for under $600 as well. For a complete gaming experience, those two might be more feasible than getting 8GB RAM.
While Display is an important feature of a laptop, it is not that expensive. You can expect to get a stellar display, even if you’re not prepared to dish out a penny more than $600.
First of all, the customers should ensure that their displays are FHD (a resolution of 1920×1080) – that would offer a good gaming experience.
Apart from this, customers won’t face a lot of difficulty in finding an IPS (In-Plane Switching) and micro-edge bezel displays as well. All of this should provide a good gaming experience to the users.
4. Battery Life
For gamers, battery life wouldn’t be as important a factor as some of the other specifications and features. That is because the users must keep their laptops plugged in at all times if they are using them for heavy applications like gaming. As a result, a pure gaming laptop would hardly ever be unplugged.
However, for emergency purposes, users mustn’t completely disregard the importance of decent battery life.
For $800, customers should shoot for a battery life of around 6-7 hours. On the other hand, it would also be useful for them if they can get a laptop which allows fast charging. This would allow users to fill up the charging tank of their laptops quickly to continue their gaming duties whenever they feel like it.
FAQs on Gaming Laptops Under 600 Dollars
Normally, people expect to spend at least $700-$800 to procure a high-end gaming laptop. But with a diverse market, getting a decent gaming laptop for $500-$600 is fair game in the present case.
Both Dell and HP produce top-notch laptops with high-end specifications and features. However, HP offers a more diverse range of laptops. So if you are on a budget, purchasing HP gaming laptops should be the more economic option.
When you purchase a gaming laptop, you should focus more on its processing capabilities, GPU, memory, and storage. Everything else is secondary.
While 8GB RAM would be enough to support most of the gaming applications, gamers are recommended to go for higher alternatives like the 12GB RAM or the 16GB RAM. This is because some of the heavier applications and games might not be supported smoothly by a memory of 8GB.
In this article, we compiled a fool-proof list of some of the best gaming laptops available in the market for the price range of $600. While many customers couldn’t fathom paying for a gaming laptop under $800, our options provide an equally smooth gaming experience at much cheaper prices.
We hope that you were able to use our list and our buyer’s guide to your advantage.