Dollar General is one of the leading and most affordable retail chains across the United States. Like most leading corporations, even Dollar General handles employee communication via their exclusive online portal, the DGME portal.
The portal works as a digital notification board for the employees to keep up with all the latest information, including wages, benefits, and even shift rosters.
If you are a new Dollar General employee and need more information about the DGme portal, its significance, and the login process, this guide will help you.
What are DGme and PayStub Portal?
We primarily discussed the main employee portal that Dollar General employees use. DGme is the more commonly used online portal.
However, besides that, there is another online portal termed the PayStub portal that Dollar General employees use. The Money Network introduced the latter, which provides easy access to PayStub information 24×7.
Although both these online portals target Dollar General employees, they serve different purpose. For example, the PayStub portal offers quick information regarding the paystub.
On the other hand, the DGme portal offers access to employee benefits, work shifts, tax forms, the latest notifications, etc. The platform is a lot more than a payroll management system. It enables the employees to keep track of their work experience, receive feedback and even submit suggestions.
How to Log in to your DGme account?
Now that you have an overview of the DGme account, the next thing to focus on is the login process. It is fairly simple, provided you follow the steps mentioned.
Following are some of the login requirements:
- Knowledge of the official DGme portal website
- Updated browser
- Computer, laptop, or smartphone
- Fast internet connectivity
Once you have these basic requirements sorted, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your device’s browser.
- Type https://webapps.dolgen.net/dgme2/ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Once on the login page, enter your Login ID (employee ID), Initials (legal first and last name), and password in the designated fields.
- Cross-check the information you have entered.
- Once you are sure everything is in place, the last step is to click on “Login” to complete the process.
Entering all the proper details will log you into the portal and provide access to the dashboard. There, you can use it to keep up with all the latest notifications and updates.
Also read: IHG Merlin Login Guide
How to Register on DGme Online Portal?
Before logging into the DGme portal, you need to register. This is a mandatory process that all Dollar General employees have to complete. The primary intent behind this is to keep track of the employee data and details for future reference.
If you aren’t registered on the portal, you won’t be able to log into the portal. Here’s how you register:
- Open your device’s browser and visit https://webapps.dolgen.net/dgme2/.
- On the home page, click on “First time user? Register now.”
- This will redirect you to the registration page.
- Enter your employee ID, legal name, social security number, birth date, etc., in all the designated fields.
- Once you have cross-checked all the information, click Submit to enter the details and finalize the registration process.
From there, you need to create your DGme password and the security questions you will use to retrieve your account in case you forget the password.
How to Recover Your DGme Login Password and Username?
It is human nature to get confused with so many usernames and passwords. If you have forgotten your DGme portal password, be assured that you aren’t the only person.
DGme has a retrieval process to combat this issue, which allows you to recover and retrieve your password without any hassle.
Follow these steps to change or reset the password:
- Open your browser and type https://webapps.dolgen.net/dgme2/ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Once on the log-in page, click “Forgot Password?” in the top-right corner.
- This will redirect you to the password retrieval page.
- For verification, you must enter your legal first name, the last four digits of your social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Once done, click on Submit.
- Once the portal verifies that it is you, it will redirect you to a new web page where you can reset or change your password.
If you have forgotten your employee ID and can’t log into the portal, here’s what you need to do:
Knowing or having access to the Employee ID is crucial and mandatory for the login process. However, if you can’t remember it, your next best option is to contact your Store Manager or Administrative Head of the company.
Also, a quick tip, if you are at the store, you can find your Employee ID on the schedule board beside your name. So, that’s another way to retrieve the information without asking a hundred people about it.
Troubleshooting and Support
Besides the login process and the steps, some Dollar General employees expressed issues while logging into the portal.
One of the most common issues most employees complain about is the inability to log into the portal from home. If you are facing a similar issue, we’d recommend using a browser different than the one you are using now.
Sometimes, saved cache and cookies in an existing browser can prevent you from logging into the portal. In that case, accessing it via a different browser should fix the issue.
Another common issue many users complain about is facing problems using the DGme portal on mobile devices. This could be due to an optimization issue with the web page on mobile devices. The easiest way to fix that is by using the “desktop view” while accessing the website on your mobile.
Lastly, if you can’t log into the portal and see notifications like “Credentials Aren’t Valid,” that could be a technical issue. In that case, you’d need to contact the Employee Resource Center (ERC) or your Store Manager for further guidance.
That’s all you need to know about the significance of the DGme portal and PayStub portal for Dollar General employees. The steps to log into the portal aren’t tricky, provided you have access to all the relevant information. If you are confused about anything further, feel free to let us know in the comments.
Check out: Lockheed Martin Employee Login Guide