Do you want to know about how to change your Name on Facebook? There are a variety of reasons to modify your Facebook account’s Name. Maybe you just got married, wish to adopt your spouse’s surname, and want your Facebook account to represent this. Or you’ve outgrown your childhood name – say, Jonny – and would want to go by John instead. Perhaps you just wish to spice up things and give yourself a new name on Facebook.
As you know, Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites, with over a billion users worldwide. You only need to provide the bare minimum of personal information to make an account.
However, if you’ve made any spelling errors in your Name, you can fix them with the aid of this quick guide. You don’t need to contact Facebook customer service because FB allows users to change their names using the provided option.
Can you Change Name on Facebook?
Yes, you can change/edit your Name on Facebook without difficulty, but only once per 60 days. Facebook’s policy encourages users to use their real names in order to make the profile safer and more convenient for friends and family to recognize and connect with them.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook using Mobile?
Follow the below instructions to alter your Name on the Facebook app for iPhone or Android –
1. Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
2. Select the three horizontal menu icon.
3. Next, choose Settings & Privacy > Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, Select Personal Information > Name from the drop-down menu.
5. Type in the Name you want to display.
6. Select Review Change from the drop-down menu.
7. To confirm, enter your account password.
So, with the help of your smartphone app, you may easily change your Name on Facebook.
How to Change your Facebook Profile Name on Computer?
To change your Name on Facebook on a computer, follow the instructions below –
1. Log in to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
2. Select Settings & Privacy Settings from the dropdown arrow in the top right corner.
3. Select Edit next to Name from the General tab.
4. Click Review Change after entering the new Name.
5. Enter your Facebook password after selecting how you want your Name to appear.
6. Finally, click Save Changes.
Done! Your Facebook name will be updated right now.
Read Also: [Solved] Facebook Messenger Stuck on Sent
Important Considerations When Changing Your Facebook Name
- You must not use the new Name to impersonate anything or anyone.
- If you’ve changed your name in the last 60 days, you might not be able to alter it again (or tried changing it too frequently).
- If the set name does not match the documentation you supplied to Facebook, the name change process may fail (if it was asked).
The following words are not permitted in your Facebook name –
- Symbols, numerals, capitalization that isn’t standard, characters that repeat, or punctuation.
- Characters who speak a variety of languages.
- Any kind of title (e.g., professional, religious).
- Instead of a name, use words or phrases.
- Any offensive or provocative language.
Please keep in mind that Facebook profiles are just for individuals. Create a Facebook profile for your business, organization, or idea.
FAQs on Change or Edit Facebook Name
When you edit your Facebook name, your followers will notice a new username next to your profile picture. This will have no effect on your existing Facebook friends or Messenger communications.
Once every 60 days, you can alter your Name. If you try to modify or edit your Name too often, you might not be able to save your changes. As a result, make sure you pick and modify your Name prudently.
There’s a good chance you won’t be allowed to change your name if it doesn’t comply with Facebook’s name policy.
The user should first pick the “Personal and Account Information” option, then the “Name” menu. This section will inform you that you will be unable to change your Name for the next 60 days. Click “Learn more” to learn how to change your Name despite the notification, then fill out and submit the name change form.
This is how you can change your Name on Facebook using your phone or computer. Make sure you follow all the Facebook’s Name Changing Policy to successfully edit your name on FB.