Willing to change the name of your character while playing Minecraft?
Well, the good news is that you can change Minecraft username but only for computer edition.
Minecraft PE and Console editions don’t allow you to change the username.
Besides it, you also need to understand that you can update username ones in a month only.
As it doesn’t allow you to update the username frequently and thus we advise to choose it very carefully or else you need to wait for next 30 days.
So here are the steps you need to know how to change your Minecraft username.
Change Minecraft Username Step by Step
Before we start steps, below are some more details you need to consider.
If you have just created an account, then you cannot change your in-game name for the next 30 days.
Being a new account owner, you must have to choose the name which should not be in use by someone else.
Chose name which is comprise of 2 or more characters and it allows underscores, letters, and numbers.
Above all these, you also need to understand that changing Minecraft in-game username will not change your website profile name.
As of now you have all the basic details, so let’s get into steps…
1) Visit the Mojang site here mojang.com and click on Account tab showing in the top right corner.
2) Now, click on Login and enter your username and password. If you are already logged in then move on to next steps.
3) Go to your profile page and scroll down to Profile Name section.
4) Click on the Change link right beside your current username.
5) Now, enter your new username.
6) Next, click on the gray Check Availability button to know either your chosen name is available or not.
7) If your chosen name is already in use, then it will turn into red color and you need to try something else or make changes to your selected name.
8) Once you get your username ok, enter your password again.
9) Click on Change Name button.
Congratulation! You have successfully changed your Minecraft username.
The new name will reflect in your account when you log in to your Minecraft account next time from your windows PC or Mac.
The good thing is that your old name is available for next 7 days.
It means, in case you change your mind then you can get back your old username in next seven days.
This is it… Follow these steps and change Minecraft username now!