Messenger can be a pretty handy app when it comes to chatting, sending photos and videos to your loved ones. Its seamless, responsive, and also has a pretty intuitive UX and UI. But Messenger doesn’t limit your account only to your friends or family. Your DMs are available to people you might not want to communicate or keep in contact with. In that case, you should know how to remove someone from the messenger.
But, didn’t Facebook already remove the ‘Delete’ option from the app? Yes, they did, but we’ve got some way-outs to help you get rid of your annoying contacts.
We present you with a step-by-step guide on how to delete someone from the messenger. So, hang on and read till the end to find out exactly how to remove non-friends from Facebook messenger.
How to Remove Someone from Messenger?
Follow the given step-by-step instructions to remove the creep you don’t want to talk with.
- Open Messenger on your smartphone.
- Tap on “People” that’s on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
- Click on the “Contact” icon.
- Look for the contact you want to delete.
- Once you’ve found it, click on the ‘I’ icon.
- Open the chat window.
- After the window opens, touch the info symbol once again on the upper-right corner.
- Select Block from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Block on Messenger” and then “Block on Facebook.”
- To confirm finally, click on “Block” once more.
To be honest, it exactly removing or deleting the contact, but it functions in a comparable, if not superior, manner. The person you block on Facebook will still be on your friends’ list, but won’t be able to send you any messages.
How to Remove Non-Friends from Facebook Messenger?
If you want to completely remove a person with who you don’t want to talk with, you can do that in the given steps. Although it is a pretty simple procedure, you’ll need to follow the steps given precisely.
- Open the Messenger app on your smartphone.
- Tap on “Chat.”
- Select the contact you want to remove from your chat list
- Press and hold the contact.
- Click on the “Delete” option.
That is how to remove non friends from FB messenger and be relieved that they won’t be able to send you any message. They won’t be shown as active chats as well, which will cut you some more hassle.
How to Delete Non-Friends from Messenger in Bulk?
If you’re getting a ton of messages from contacts you don’t even know and aren’t even on your friends’ list, this is something you can try. You can remove them from your Messenger. We know, deleting the contacts one by one might take a long time. So, this is how you can remove several contacts all at once. This can save you a lot of time and effort, thanks to the given steps.
- Open the Messenger app.
- Select the profile photo of the person you want to remove from your chat list. It should be located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the option for Phone Contacts. Tap on the option.
- Select Manage contacts from the drop-down menu. You’ll now see a list of contacts who aren’t friends.
- Tap “Delete All Contacts” if you wish to get rid of them all.
- This will remove all non-friends from your Messenger contact list.
So, that’s how to delete someone from messenger and get save the extra space in your Messenger chat list for people who matter more. You can block, delete the contact individually, or in a bulk. Whichever option you opt for, you’ll have peace of mind nevertheless.